Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Exams, Exams and more Exams!

I had a minor nervous breakdown the other day for multiple reasons, but one being because of school.  I'm finding it more difficult to set aside homework time than I was hoping it would be, which really shouldn't be any surprise when you think that our household has 2 adults working full-time with both in school part-time and a little monkey who's main goal in life seems to be to completely destroy this house ;)    Oh, and let's not forget the minor fact that we are also trying to get said house ready to put on the market!  (which brings in an additional set of complications)

Anyway, I started this week off being 2 weeks behind in patho since I had taken some time off of that to devote all my time to a paper due in the history course.  Thankfully I was able to take one exam on Sunday and have gotten prepared to take another exam tonight (Wednesday) and that will bring me up to speed. Then I can start working on this week's homework ;)

Phew.


I'll be so glad when I am finished with Pathophysiology.  It is by far the most difficult subject for me.  Next term I will be taking courses in Nursing Theory and Decision Making.  Not specifically midwifery related, but oh well.  Hopefully they won't be too difficult.  I think I get something like a week and a half off between these two terms, but I'll have to double-check.  Not much of a break....

5 comments:

  1. Hi Ginny,

    Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experiences. I'm about to start my accelerated BSN and thinking about attending Frontier for the Nurse-Midwife program, and it's really great to get an idea of what's involved. I've done the full-time work, part-time school thing, and know how stressful it can be - and I don't even have kids yet! You can do it though! One step at a time, and at the end of the tunnel you'll be a midwife! How exciting!

    Do you know of any accepted Frontier students who did not have any nursing experience, but did have doula experience? That's the boat I'll be in...

    -Danielle : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Danielle. Slowly but surely we'll get through it! :)

    I applied to Frontier a couple months after graduation and started the program with 6 months of RN experience. I worked as a Care Partner for 2.5 years on a Mother-Infant unit before graduation, and that experience plus lactation education was what allowed me entrance into the program. I spoke with the Dean before I submitted my application and that is probably also what got my accepted. I strongly recommend getting a job as a RN before applying, just so you can have it on paper. It doesn't need to be OB related either, as I work on a Med-Surg unit.

    Good luck! I look forward to hearing about your acceptance. Frontier is a great school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ginny thanks for being honest with your experiences at Frontier! I'm excited about starting Frontier (I start classes on 4/4) but I worry about setting time aside to get everything done. Good luck with the rest of your classes! Maybe we'll meet in a future class or at clinical bound! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Tamara! You'll love this school :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the advice Ginny! I hope to tell you of my acceptance in the not to distant future!

    ReplyDelete